Holly Happy Homemaker

Friday, April 24, 2009

well its been so busy around here


****


*****

Yes very busy with an 8 year old who has school activities, softball,4-h,girl scouts and so on. On top of that I am planning 2 bithdays and a baby shower. Well as I am sure you mommas know it can get stressful keeping home and family running but I have a secret wepon for the stress. Might not sound like much to you all but for me hanging cloths on the line is the most theraputic thing ever. I just love waking up and seeing the sun shinning and thinking oh yes I can get up and do laundry today. I just love standing out in the sun listening to the birds and the bee's . Watching my cats chase a bug or play with a flower that is blowing in the brezz. Unfortonitly I also have to listen to the highway sounds but that ok I am just so luky to even have a yard to be in. I love haveing that fresh line dryed scent on my clothes and the stifness in the towels. I dont know any one else but me who likes stiff towels lol. I have only been able to hang cothes a few times so far this spring because its not realy been spring wheather but today starts a strech of 80 degree days and I am so thrilled . I will be out every morning hanging my clothes. Second to hanging clothes I love to iron. I know I am an odd duck. At least everyone around here thinks so.
I have been makeing my own laundry detergent and softner now for about 2 months. I realy love it . I have such a feeling of pride knowing I am helping my family save money and useing a natrual product. And whats more is I get my daughter in on it. We do double batches so it takes about an hour to get it all done. I take this time to talk about how impotant this job is. Exsplaining why mommas are so impotant to the family. Why mommas should do this kind of stuff for there families. I dont know how much she listens but I feel better doing it. We also get to talk about school and her social life. Its real bonding and a lesson in math and science with all that mesuring and natrurl product use such as vinigar and backing soda.
So mommas I hope you all try my stress buster. I am headinf out now to hang some cloths.

****

10 Comments:

At April 24, 2009 at 8:38 AM , Blogger mommynoodles said...

Hi Holly,just read your comment on "The Pickled Pepper Patch",and thought i would pop over.That's how i find new blogs b/c i'm still new at this whole blog surfing thing.Keep up the good work,everything takes times.Hoping to start my own soon.

And as for you teaching your daughter lessons,you will be surprised how much they listen.Even when you think that their not paying you any mind.I have a 10 year old that is wise beyond her years b/c of lessons!!
Have yourself a "BLESSED" day!!
mommynoodles27@yahoo.com

P.S. I'm following you now!!

 
At May 2, 2009 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Loretta said...

Hi Holly,
Your blog is delightful!!!Love all the old ads and pictures and especially the music!!!! I'll be back to visit often. Have a great weekend! Hugs, Loretta

 
At May 13, 2009 at 1:48 AM , Blogger BittersweetPunkin said...

Hey Darlin', you won my Giveaway!

Hop on over when you get a chance and pop me an email with your addy!!

Hugs,
Robin

 
At May 13, 2009 at 3:24 AM , Blogger Liane said...

Hi, Holly,
Congrats on your win from Bittersweet punkin's giveaway (she's my sister). I love your blog. I also love to hang out clothes to dry and I also Love stiff towels! There's nothing like a warm sunny morning and a basketful of freshly cleaned clothes to hang. I make my own laundry detergent too, except I make the powdered version.
Let us know what mystery goodies you've won!
Have a great day,
Liane

 
At May 14, 2009 at 12:36 PM , Blogger BittersweetPunkin said...

I got your email...I will the pkg out to you soon!!

Hugs,
Robin

 
At May 15, 2009 at 4:57 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

I'm with ya sister... isn't that line-laundry smell the best?

 
At May 15, 2009 at 10:26 PM , Blogger Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am over from Bittersweet Pumpkin. Congrats on your win!!! I too love to hang out laundry. Have a great weekend...m.

 
At May 28, 2009 at 9:12 AM , Blogger BittersweetPunkin said...

USPS has told me your box was delivered...I hope you got everything in one piece!

 
At June 4, 2009 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Tina❀ said...

Love the blog, Holly.
I love to hang clothes outside. Well, I did, till hubby cut down the tree that held my line. But I got a great garden from it. I'll not complain.
I've been making my own laundry soap too, and I love it.
Have a fantabulous day!
oh, found your blog through Sugar Pie!

 
At June 5, 2009 at 9:36 AM , Blogger sweetpralinemadness said...

Just stopping by from Sugar Pie's. Cute blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home