Holly Happy Homemaker

Monday, February 23, 2009

I found this site for aprons your gonna love it



I know this will be surprising to all my fellow retro housewife's but I dont have an apron. I know shocking isnt it. Well I actually have one but I dont were it. Its just a burgundy large thing that I dont like. I have always liked aprons. The way they look. What they represents to me. They are pretty and feminine and functional. I never knew anyone who wore one. Not even my grandmothers. Not even the grandmother who cooked all the time. One of my grandmothers wore one when she was a teen and her mother wore one. It was the 40 and 50's and they were what I would call proper women. So I have seen pics of them with one but my grandmother Jackie had long given up the apron by the time I had come along. Since finding or exploring my inner retro perfect housewife I have wanted an apron so badly . My husband got me one but it wasn't what I had in mind. Like I said it is burgundy and is more like a line cooks apron. Shapeless and dosnt make me feel like a happy house wife when I put it on. I still were it when I do fried chicken but I long for the pretty frilly apron of the 50's house wife. I have only 3 cooking stored in my town or anywhere close to my town and the one that had cute aprons had only children's aprons. I see an endless array or homemade beautiful aprons on the Internet but I have never found the time or extra cash for one. I mean 45.00 plus shipping just for an apron . But I was absolutely smitten when I found this site with these fabulous aprons and matching gloves. These are so hip and retro at the same time I am going to put this on my birthday list for hubby. Now I can look sexy and efficient while doing the dishes. I just know you'll love these aprons to. I am so excited to pass this little gem of a site on to you and hope you enjoy these as much as I do.
www.carolynskitchenonline.com
/index.html">a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjgfFb8yyst3kqT4AH7M3uouTBPiCihIc0M3TrUW35xS8U6i1uyxIPB_opeq6ij-iY4_1Fb0I3-wFNMdUyszajtmwMaPZfIW_2FCVSVTQyRQWKaHNtK0NoP3FaockfWNVr0TunuFZk9Oy8q/s1600-h/marilyn_Blk_Pink.jpg">

3 Comments:

At March 19, 2009 at 11:49 AM , Blogger The Perfect Housewife said...

lol how funny! I just added the same link to my 'favorite links' I fell in love with those aprons!

 
At May 13, 2009 at 5:55 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

So cute. I have been collecting vintage aprons for years and love them all. I like to wear them for company too, (most are fancy) and I even have so many that I give them for bridal shower gifts from time to time. I really enjoyed your blog and will visit again soon.

 
At June 20, 2009 at 7:07 AM , Blogger Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I just LOVE aprons. When I put one on, I'm transformed into a homemakers state of mind.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home